Anywhere there is enough moisture present, there will most likely be mold. Mold only needs a small amount of time in order to develop. It only requires 24 - 48 hours of moisture to grow.
Not only can water damage destroy your home and belongings, but it can also be a danger to your health.
Not that any mold is good mold, but there are some that are more dangerous than others. The longer the mold has to breed, the more dangerous it can get.
Stachybotrys chartarum, commonly referred to as black mold, requires material to be wet for several days to set in. This is one of the most infamous toxic molds because it can rapidly grow in homes and is extremely dangerous to humans.
Mold removal professionals inspect and test your home for mold, discover what kind of mold is present and use techniques that work best on common mold types, including black mold, pink mold and aspergillus mold. Mold removal companies with IICRC certified technicians use industry-standard procedures and tools to ensure mold is removed fully and disposed of safely.
Removing mold safely is essential. Being exposed to mold or handling mold improperly can lead to unpleasant health problems, like itching, eyes, irritated skin and even respiratory issues. Long-term exposure can put you and your family at risk of more severe illnesses.
Having a professional remove indoor mold will reduce the risk of it coming back and continuing to cause problems.